Delphi Automotive will work with TeleNav, one of the largest global wireless location-based services providers, to provide the platform for the navigation component of a new and connected infotainment system that will be available worldwide.
“Delphi is recognized as a pioneer in the automotive industry, and we’re proud to be chosen by them to provide global navigation software to automakers.” – Hassan Wahla vice president business development TeleNav
“With this collaboration, TeleNav is expanding its reach to global customers in the automotive sector and strengthening our position as a leading provider of connected navigation and search services.”
The TeleNav Auto platform is the heart of the navigation system and will be used to calculate turn-by-turn directions that incorporate real-time information from SiriusXM such as traffic and weather. Navigation with integrated connected features will be accessible through voice commands and a full-color LCD touch-screen.
“Delphi is committed to providing affordable, feature-rich infotainment and navigation solutions that help vehicle manufacturers address the needs of today’s connected consumers.” – Clyde Fabrizio managing director Infotainment and Driver Interface product business unit Delphi North America
Key Navigation Features:
- Global Maps and Places: Search, localized maps, and POIs for more than 60 countries around the world
- Live Traffic: Save time with live traffic updates that automatically reroute you around traffic jams or road congestion
- Local Weather: Get real-time weather and forecasts for your current location
- 3D Landmarks: 3D buildings and historic landmarks make it easier to navigate
- 2D Building Footprints: Shaded building outlines add another layer of detail to maps
- Junction View: A navigation view that makes complex lane changes simple and easy
- Lane Guidance: Informs the driver what lane to be in as the turn approaches
- Waypoints: Set multiple destinations along the route
- Voice Control: Stay safe and keep your hands on the wheel with voice-activated commands
- OpenGL Engine: Latest 3D map technology for a better navigation experience
- And much more
“For drivers, in-vehicle navigation remains a top demand so automakers and suppliers are looking for ways to advance their offerings,” – Thilo Koslowski Vice President Gartner
The Delphi connected infotainment system with TeleNav’s navigation technology is expected to be available in eight regions around the world including North America, South America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia, Australia and Africa. The system’s introduction is planned for 2012 in North America with a leading global automaker.